Roles and Responsibilities of an Enumerator in the Socio Economic and Caste Census. Census Enumerator is key worker for good and maximum perfect census. Role of an enumerator very important for perfect census.
Duties of an enumerator
An Enumerator must fulfill his/her duties with sense of pride and devotion, An Enumerator performs great National duty. Work as an Census Enumerator is very proud.
A census enumerator assign for a specific area. He/she will first contact elder and prominent persons and explain the purpose of his/her works.
A census enumerator will always show his/her Appointment Letter and identity Card at time Census works.
An enumerator at the time of visit any household, he/she never be excited and never rush through the questionnaire. Always explain or question with a smile and proper salutation.
The enumerator at the first explain objectively of his/her visit and proceed with brief introduction.
Enumerator’s friendly appearance, courtesy and a few well chosen words will help him/her to get correct answers.
This will make his/her job easier, interesting and useful.
Enumerator will ensure complete coverage of all the buildings and houses, households and persons in the time of the Socio Economic and Caste Census. For the reasons he/she must indentify each and every house and structure in his/her Enumeration Block.
Enumerator collect proper knowledge of house-less populations.
Previous duties of an enumerator in Socio Economic and Caste Census,
- Attend the training classes, study the Questionnaire and manual carefully and understand them thoroughly. If any part of instruction is not clear, ask trainer for clarification.
- Obtain all the material needed for the Socio Economic and Caste Census which also includes the List of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes pertaining to your State before you leave the training center at the end of the last training session.
Duties of enumerator in the period of the Socio Economic and Caste Census
- Go round the Enumeration Block and identify its boundaries and other land marks with the help of the particulars contained in the Abridged House list (AHL) of your Enumeration Block.
- Update and prepare the layout map of your Enumeration block with the Census layout Map provided to you.
- Visit each and every house without exception and have the information entered in the handheld Device correctly and completely.
- Simultaneously update Section 3 of the Abridged House list, record buildings/census Houses/households not covered in any of the Sections 2, 3 or 4 but found by you during the Socio Economic and Caste Census in Section 3 of the AHL, also update Section 4 by identifying the places where house less population was found staying during the Socio Economic and Caste Census.
- Enumerate the house less population on the designated days.
- Serial number of household is to be assigned for each newly found households. For normal and institutional households, assign serial number(s) after the highest serial number of household already noted in Section 3 / Section 4 of the AHL. For newly found house less households, assign serial numbers in continuation to the highest serial number assigned during the Socio-Economic and Caste Census in Section 3.
What is duties of enumerator after the Socio Economic and Caste Census
- Ensure that the entire area assigned to you is covered by visiting all the buildings, houses and households falling within your Enumeration Block.
- Fill up the Working Sheet for preparing Enumerator’s Abstract (three separate sets; one each for normal, institutional and house less households).
- Prepare Enumerator’s Abstract (in duplicate).
- Handover the Certificate of complete coverage, acknowledgement slip booklet
(s) with all the used and unused slips and inventory of used/unused material to your
⇒ READ MORE ANOTHER POST IN OUR WEBSITE